Thursday 18 July 2013

Poetry Coffee House : Hot Sun in England

You look at England today
Mr Sun is out

He is pure Sahara royalty
Red carpets of sweat mate

He is up at 5am
With one radio station till 9pm

If I were like him
My mum and my wife
Would grind me into sand

And whack me
I mean a clip round the ear hole

Come on Mr Sun
Throw in ice charity

No ears have you
Mother nature has you
Round her fingers

Luckily I can water
My plants

I bring them indoors
They can't wear sunglasses

Or body lotion
For a green tan

And if you tell the government
That pensioners and children

Need extra ice cream
And a bit of the old fan on overtime

They come out with
Yeah Yeah where is the budget

Then the water board says
Don't take a shower everyday

Mr Sun has created water shortages
Then the doctor says

I am worried about
Your mental heat health

It
Is affecting your cool hygiene
A public hazard

Alright doc
Lets go into hospital and freshen up

I always like their air conditioning system
And that extra ice cream for my visitors

Royalty under Mr Sun
Don't tell the government
The nurses are being extra kind

http://www.helium.com/smf/index.php?topic=63266.150

No comments: